Hair protects us and helps us preserve body heat since we lose 90% of our body warmth thru our heads. We have about 100 thousand hairs in our heads. Each hair grows approximately 6 millimeters a month and when a hair falls, another one grows in its place. It is normal to loss approximately 100 hairs a day, but if the follicles in your head die and no new hairs grow, a person becomes bald.
If a person has thick hair or thin hair depends on the size of the follicles. Hair color is determined by the melanin existent in each hair which is the same pigment found in our skin. We lose melanin as we age and when we get old our hair turns white. This color is just the total absence of melanin since the body does not produce it.
To have healthy, strong and shiny hair we must have good nutrition and have a diet rich in hair nutrients. Protein, healthy fats, and the daily intake of B complex Vitamins, Vitamin A, and Iron, are essential.
To avoid hair problems such as hair loss, dandruff and dryness, it is necessary to choose specific and appropriate products for each hair type. It is also important to protect it from chemicals, swimming pool chlorine and from the sun.
1. Lemon Juice – Vinegar:
• Massage your hair with lemon juice after you have washed it.
• Mix 2 teaspoons pure vinegar in 6 teaspoons water and apply it on the scalp before going to bed. Tie a towel around the head. Wash your head next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Treat your hair like this once a week for at least three months.
• Mix 1 teaspoons lemon juice with 2 teaspoons vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo.
• Wash your hair with warm apple cider vinegar. Then cover your head with a towel or a shower cap and leave for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse with plain water. Repeat 2 times a week until your dandruff goes away.
• Mix 100 g of Witch Hazel and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in 200 ml water. Shampoo your hair and apply with a cotton swab to the scalp when hair is still wet. Repeat several times until dandruff disappears.
2. Kitchen salt:
• Eliminate dandruff rubbing kitchen salt on your scalp for a few minutes and washing your hair with shampoo.
3. Baking soda:
• Dissolve 2 TBS of baking soda in half liter of water. Apply this to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair normally. Repeat this process twice a week.
4. Almond Oil:
• Take 1 part almond oil, 1 part pure sulphur powder, 2 parts 'surgical spirit' and 4 parts distilled water or rose water and mix well. Rub on the scalp.
• Massage the scalp with almond oil. Dip a towel in boiling water and wrap it around the hair. Repeat it thrice or four times when the towel gets cold.
• Make a shampoo by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai, and boil in two litre of water until the liquid is reduced to half. Use this shampoo for one month. Dandruff will vanish and your hair will become thick.
• Grind fenugreek (methi) seeds soaked in water overnight. Massage this paste on scalp and hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
• Take 2 cup water, add 4-5 tablespoons dried thyme and boil for 10 minutes. Cool, strain, and use the mixture to massage scalp. Keep for half an hour.
6. Selenium Sulfide:
• Try a shampoo with selenium sulfide or salicylic acid.
The best way to keep your hair healthy is to have a rich, balanced, and healthy diet. The lack of protein and some vital vitamins are the main causes of hair damage and loss. Other problems, like dandruff and male baldness have a lot to do with hereditary factors but you can also attack these problems with home remedies. There are, many home remedies that can help you solve those hair problems.
The loss of certain amount of hair is a normal process (It has been proven that a person loses between 60 and 120 hairs daily). When your hair is weak, hair loss increases and it can become a problem. Quinine Aguardiente is an effective remedy even for those who have a heredity factor in their hair loss there is a way to delay the hair loss process.
Quinine Aguardiente against hair loss.
I package of quine bark from Brazil (quina powder)
• Bring a liter of water and 20 - 30 grams of Rosemary to a boil. Wash your hair with bar soap and rinse with the rosemary water. You will notice the results in about a week.
• Boil Brussels sprouts during thirty minutes in enough water to wash your hair with. Wash your hair with this water. After that, rub your hair with sea salt. Brush your hair gently and then wash.
• Rub common salt on your scalp a day before you wash your hair with shampoo. Repeat this twice a month.
Avocado and Nettle Root:
• Chop 30 grams of Nettle root and mix with 100 grams of Avocado oil. Place this mixture in a double boiler (Bain Marie) during 20 minutes. Massage your hair with this mixture. Leave on your hair for 15 minutes and then wash with cold water and abundant shampoo.