How to remove musty smell from closets and drawers.
- If a closet or a kitchen cabinet smells like mildew, clean it with a mild solution of peroxide water or vinegar diluted in water. After that, keep the closet or cabinet open until it dries completely.
- Leave the doors open from time to time.
- Place a 25 watt light bulb- upside down- inside de closet. Even though it uses a little more energy, the heat generated by the bulb, will warm up the inside of the cabinet it and will accelerate the drying process.
- Place camphor filled plates inside the closet.
- If your closet is in a room with poor ventilation, place a bowl full of quicklime on the floor. Camphor and quicklime process hygroscopic properties.