Windows and Glass
Glass cleaning tips
- Use air freshener to clean mirrors and windows. It does a good job and leaves a lovely smell in the house.
- Clean glass and crystal objects with 90 degree alcohol or with a few drops of ammonia mixed with water.
- Mix a Tbs. of vinegar for each liter of water. This solution is excellent for cleaning glass and crystal.
- Use a moist rag to remove dust accumulated on the glass. Immediately use newspaper to shine your windows.
- Remove dry paint stains from your window glass using hot oil or rubbing it with a piece of cloth dampened in hot vinegar.
- Your mirrors in the bathroom won’t fog up if you clean them with alcohol.
Cleaning car windows:
- Clean your car windows with a raw potato cut in half and a piece of newspaper.
- Use a moist rag impregnated in baking powder to keep your car windows clean.
- To clean bottles fill them with water half way and add a Tbs. of baking soda. Shake well, wait an hour and then rinse.
- If you don’t have the right brush to fit through the narrow neck of a bottle, substitute it by putting egg shells inside (or raw rice) and a little detergent. Shake well, and the bottle will be clean.
- Apply a drop of vinegar on the lenses and rub gently with a rag.
- Your lenses will look impeccable if you rub them with a bit of toothpaste. Then rinse them with warm water and dry them gently.
- Plastic lenses are best cleaned with lemon juice.