The best way to treat the main cause of poor health is through regular body cleansing. Degenerative diseases usually occur because the body is so polluted with toxic waste that the body’s auto recovery mechanism loses its ability to keep the body healthy. Most people absorb thousands of harmful toxins daily from the environment and from the type of food they eat. Meat, milk, genetically modified foods, microwaving, soy, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, stress, refined sugar, the polluted air of our cities, caffeine, water, heavy metals, white flour, table salt, electromagnetic radiation, pesticides, artificial sweeteners, Monosodium Glutamate, industrial chemicals, and the list goes on.
It is advisable to cleanse your organism once or twice a year. Cleaning your organism involves eliminating toxins and getting rid of the accumulated waste. There are many natural methods you could use to detoxify and cleanse your system, ranging from specific cleaning habits, what you eat, what you drink and the lifestyle you lead.
If you want to have a tailor made detoxification program, it is best to consult a specialist, but there are many foods and home remedies that you can include in your diet to help you clean your body and ensure the proper functioning of your organism.
These vegetables are full of vitamin B3, B6, C and Betacarotene. Beets are also a great source of Iron, Magnesium, Zinc and Calcium, minerals necessary for optimal elimination of toxines.
They help mantain a healthy liver, so often battered by alcohol, and gallbladder, key organs related to the breakdown and elimination of toxines.
They are high in fiber which improves digestion, stimulating the generation and excretion of bodily waste.
Foods rich in pectin, such as apples and pears, will help you eliminate "radioactive residue"from the body. Pectin attracts the toxines, facilitating their elimination thru urine and feces.
Garlic is well known for stimulating liver enzimes which help in cleansing the organism. It also has antiviral, antibiotic and antiseptic properties. These properties make garlic an excellent anti-bacterial.
Besides containing great amounts of vitamin C, lemons boost body alcalinity, which helps balance the acidity of the foods we eat. Thanks to this, our body rejects more effectively, the toxins that we assimilate in our diet and in the environment. It is recommended to drink the juice of a lemon in hot water before breakfast, every morning.
Eating only 2 tablespoons of this "superfood"will provide the daily ration of Omega-3 you need. These healthy fatty acids contribute to healthy cell development. Additionally, it supports the metabolism and assimilation of Manganese, essential mineral in several vital body function. In addition, the fiber that it contains will help in proper digestion.
Water is second only to oxygen in metabolic importance for health. It makes up 65-75% of the body, and every cell requires water to perform its essential functions. Water maintains systems equilibrium, lubricates, flushes waste and toxins, hydrates the skin, regulates body temperature, acts as a shock absorber for joints, bones and muscles, adds needed minerals, and transports nutrients, minerals, vitamins, proteins and sugars for assimilation. Water cleanses the body inside and out. When the body gets enough water, it works at its peak. Fluids and sodium retention decrease, gland and hormone function improve, the liver breaks down and releases more fat, and hunger is curtailed. To maintain this wonderful internal environment, you must drink plenty of water every day – at least six to eight glasses- to replace lost electrolytes and metabolic waste fluid.
Scientific investigations confirm the benefits of fiber for your health. It not only helps digestion, but also plays a very important role in the prevention of chronic diseases. Fiber is the part of your food that cannot be digested and absorbed by the organism, which makes it ideal for moving the intestinal tract.
One of the simplest ways to classify fiber is according to its capacity to absorb water. There is soluble fiber and insoluble one. Both types have different health benefits.
• When it reaches the colon it is fermented by the bacterial flora, increasing the speed of intestinal transit.
• Because it has the capacity to become hydrated, it forms a mass that increases the volume of your fecal matter. This makes the absorption of cholesterol difficult. It also decreases the absorption speed of carbohydrates which is a very good thing for people who suffer from dyslipidemia and diabetes.
• It helps prevent constipation, hemorrhoids and diverticulitis because it allows for an intestinal transit without difficulties and people have softer and larger fecal matter.
• It helps control body weight because it delays the emptying of the stomach producing a feeling of fullness.
• It increases the volume of fecal matter, thus increasing the speed of intestinal transit.
• It increases the non digestible components in the intestine improving digestion. This has been associated with the prevention of constipation, colon cancer and diverticulitis.
Other important facts about fiber:
• Foods such as whole wheat cereals, legumes, grains, fruits and vegetables contain the two types of fiber in different amounts.
• To obtain all the benefits of fiber, nutritionists recommend the consumption of at least 25 grams of fiber a day, an amount that we can obtain by consuming whole wheat products and grains and five servings of fruits and vegetables a day.