For abundant, beautiful, soft and shiny hair, try the following recipes.
- Mix 4 tbs. of milk and an egg yolk. Apply it to your hair before washing. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash with your regular shampoo.
- Beat an egg yolk with 3 tbs. of rum and apply the mixture over wet hair. Wait 15 minutes and wash with your regular shampoo.
- For soft shiny hair, add an egg to a half cup of honey, and blend. Apply this preparation to your hair and massage softly. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water, do not use shampoo.
- Mix an egg yolk and half a cup of yogurt. Beat well until it becomes foamy. Wash your hair lightly and dry it superficially with a towel. Apply this mixture to your hair. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Boil parsley during 10 minutes and rinse your hair with that water after your shampoo. Your hair will be very shiny and soft.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it open. Remove the crystals and apply them to your hair. Leave it on your hair for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water for minutes.
Lemon Juice and Vinegar
- For extra soft hair add a little vinegar or lemon juice to the last rinse when you wash your hair.
- Mix lemon juice, water and sugar. Apply to the ends of your hair. Wash with shampoo. Your hair will be extremely soft.
Cod Liver Oil
- Apply Cod liver oil to the ends of your hair to make it softer.
Dry and brittle hair
1. Olive oil and Mayonnaise
- To moisturize your hair, massage it with olive oil or mayonnaise. Wet a towel in hot water and wrap it around your head for 5 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo.
2. Eggs and Sesame Seed Oil
- Beat an egg white and add a tbs. of honey. Apply this mixture to your hair, massage and comb it. Then apply a tbs. of sesame seed oil and comb again. Put on a plastic cap and wait 30 minutes or more. Finally wash your hair with shampoo.
Greasy or oily hair
- Simmer 4 tbs. of chopped mint leaves in 4 cups of water. Let them cool and put them in the blender. Use this preparation to rinse after your shampoo. If you don’t have mint you can use nettle.
- Add a Tbs. of baking soda to your shampoo.
To lighten-up your hair
Always add a few drops of lemon juice to the water you rinse your hair with. Let it dry in the sun. The result will be beautiful blonde highlights.
- Wash your hair with chamomile juice and alternate with an egg mixed with rum. Do this treatment once a week.
- To keep your hair blonde, rinse with an infusion of chamomile flowers. Boil the chamomile flowers and let them cool off. Strain and use the water on your hair.
- If you have thin hair, do the following: boil 3 Chonta Palm seeds (Guilielma speciosa) in 2 liters of water. Boil until water reduces to only one liter. Use this water to wet your hair and leave it on. Comb to the back.
Hair with more body
- Your hair will have more body if you comb it with hair gel when it is still wet; before you use hairspray and hair rollers.
No More Grey Hair
- Make an infusion with nut leaves. 100 grams of leaves for every liter of water. The results will surprise you.
- If you want your grey hair to have a blonde tint to it, wash it with tea water periodically.
- To stop your grey hair from going yellow, add a little blue powder (the one you use to make your clothes whiter) to the rinse water when you wash your hair.
- Prepare a sage and rum infusion in equal parts. Apply over your scalp and give it a vigorous massage. Repeat this operation every week or every 10 days. Blow dry your hair.
- Before you blow dry your hair, apply a bit of hair conditioner on the ends to protect them. Keep the dryer at least 30 centimeters from your hair so you don’t burn it.
Cut your own bangs
- Comb wet hair forward, then section off your bangs. At the point where you’d like to cut, grasp locks between your index and middle fingers (allow for shrinkage as hair dries). Pull downward and trim across your fingers.
- ¼ cup Aloe vera crystals (fresh from the leaf)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs of honey
- 1 Tbs of Rum