Wrap celery in aluminum foil then put it in the refrigerator – it will keep for weeks.
To keep potatoes from budding place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
To keep leftover potatoes from turning black, rub them with lemon and put them in the refrigerator.
If potatoes are peeled and you are not going to use them, place them in a container with water and lemon or vinegar and put it in the refrigerator.
They will keep fresh up to two months if you follow this procedure:
- Squeeze two lemons in two cups of water and place the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Drain the liquid and put them in a jar that contains 2 tbs. of vinegar and 2 1/2 cups of cold boiled water.
- Maintain the jar uncovered in the refrigerator.
Place corn in the refrigerator inside a container filled with water, this way grains won’t wrinkle and it will conserve its freshness.
Keep carrots fresh removing the stems and the leaves. Wash them well. Wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in the refrigerator.
- If you don’t have a refrigerator and want to keep your tomatoes from ripening, apply wax to the base of the stem that connects them to the plant and they will remain greener longer.
- To make tomatoes ripen faster wrap them in a wet towel and place them inside a paper bag.
Peel them and keep them in plastic bags in the freezer.
How to revive all vegetables
Introduce withered vegetables in hot water and then in icy water with a little bit of vinegar. Shake them and store them in the refrigerator normally.
If your lettuce or cabbage are not crisp, place them in icy water for a few minutes or put ice cubes in a bowl of water for a few minutes. They will be crunchy.