A box of salt is an important item in every bathroom. It can replace many of the toiletries that we must use every day and it is more economic. The following, are some of the uses for salt in the bathroom:
Extend toothbrush life
Soak toothbrushes in salt water before your first use them and they will last longer.
- Use one part fine salt to two parts of baking soda to brush your teeth. Put some of the mix on your toothbrush and brush as usual.
- You can also use the same mix dissolved in water to wash orthodontic apparatuses.
- It is an effective dentifrice. Gently brush your teeth with a paste of salt and water. Salt not only cleans your teeth, but it helps keep your gums and teeth fresh and healthy.
- The antiseptic and bactericidal qualities of sea salt help remove plaque which is a cause of gingivitis and caries.
Rinse your mouth
- Mix equal parts salt and baking soda in water for a fresh and deodorizing mouth rinse.
- In mild solutions, it makes an excellent mouthwash. Dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water and use as a mouthwash.
Ease mouth problems
For canker sores, abscesses and other mouth problems, rinse your mouth with a weak solution of warm salt water several times a day.
Ease throat pain
Mix salt and warm water and make gargles to relieve a sore throat.